Location Address:Toronto once Covid restrictions lifted
Contract Duration: 12 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: The team is globally mandated to preserve, collect, and produce court-ordered evidence without delaying legal/regulatory proceedings.
Project: The volume, complexity, and increased governance over the execution of legal/regulatory proceedings has increased significantly requiring the team to provide 24×7 operational support in addition to responsibilities as a key stakeholder in several strategic enterprise initiatives. A contract resource is required for maternity leave coverage for the team to sustain enterprise service levels and continue with responsibilities for confidently delivering matter expertise and customer service.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to high impact workstreams within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Execute operational activities involving the identification, collection, and preservation of digital evidence supporting legal, regulatory, criminal, and civil investigation matters
– Guarantee that all digital evidence gathering and processing methods are forensically viable by following consistent and repeatable processes to maintain the authenticity and integrity of information systems and electronically stored information.
– The candidate will be planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database
– Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
– Looking for a glorified project manager essentially
– Working on multiple legal investigations
– Collection and preservation of different kinds of electronic data
– Take that data and either process internally and provide back to legal, or send externally for external review
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Execute activities and tasks supporting the identification, collection, and preservation of court-ordered evidence.
– Maintain a working environment that ensures the forensic viability of evidence during the gathering and processing of information systems and electronically stored information.
– Ensure that all evidence gathering and processing methods are conducted following consistent and repeatable processes to maintain the authenticity and integrity of evidence.
– Act as a liaison between with technical teams, internal and external counsel, and management to assess and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues.
– Work with the Senior Manager to assess and develop strategic security solutions and security control improvements specific to the identification, collection, preservation, and production of court-ordered evidence.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience in a similar IT Security Analyst or Cybersecurity Role
2) 3+ years of experience in a project management capacity (does not necessarily need to be a PM, but requires more of that overall project oversight)
3) Expert level organization skills – demonstrated in recent project work
– Background in legal, forensics, cybersecurity, etc would be preferred but not required
– +5 years of current and working knowledge in all aspects of eDiscovery and Litigation Operations
– Any sort of forensic, security, or legal background is more important than having FI experience but FI is nice to have as well
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
– Candidate must be extremely organized to keep very detailed notes
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
– Any legal, IT, forensics, cybersecurity, etc all preferred
– General Information Security Certifications are nice to have (CISSP, CISM, etc)
– Professional certifications and membership of associations in the field of electronic discovery or information/cyber security (i.e. Certified eDiscovery Specialist (CEDS)) are nice to have