IT Security Advisor
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
• Implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles.
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
• Participate in security compliance efforts.
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training.
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
• Detect and remediate threats via the company’s intrusion detection infrastructure.
• Provides malware analysis and provides findings to internal SOC teams.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 4+ years of experience in a Cybersecurity or IT Security Analyst related role.
2. 4+ years of working experience conducting cyber security investigations leveraging information systems, operating systems, and security tools e.g. SIEM, QRadar
3. Working knowledge of various network principles, cyber security concepts, cloud platform and security, investigation procedures and adversary techniques.
4. 4+ years of previous experience in Cybersecurity incident response.
5. Recent project work leading High Priority Investigations – HPI and provided response recommendation during incidents; on top of standard investigations and follow-ups.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a strong asset.
• Certifications (CISSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+, CCNA, CompTIA Networking+, ITIL CEH, and OSCP).
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Ability to take initiative to share knowledge with the team.
• Post-secondary degree in IT, Cybersecurity or related field is preferred.