IT Project Manager
Contract Length: 10 Months – 10/31/2022 (possibility for extension based on funding & performance)
Location: WFH (once BCP 2201 Eglinton Avenue E, Scarborough)
Business Group: The Project Delivery and Support Group is searching for an IT Project Manager to manage the reporting workstream on the TSYS Integration program.
Project: The TSYS Integration program will engage multiple workstreams with a scope of 50 million over 3 years and will impact payments of Credit Cards. The project will require a project manager who is acute in understanding Credit Card integrations for large environments.
Purpose – Migrate Credit Card and Line of Credit accounts from the in-house "KS" platform to the TSYS TS2 processing platform and consolidate all Canadian Card businesses (Tangerine and MC-Chase) to a common platform that reduces operational risk and provides market-leading product functionality to BNS. The New Global TSYS contract will consolidate individual statements of work (SOW's) to drive significant processing cost reductions for Tangerine, MC-Chase and Mexico card portfolios and drive enterprise spend discounts to further benefit all businesses receiving services TSYS (Commercial Banking and International Banking).
Reason for request: Replacement of a contractor who found another opportunity.
This requires a good PM candidate that understands data environments and can handle the multiple different groups etc that would be engaged for this component.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on other projects based on their performance and engage with senior stakeholders as they navigate through a Hybrid Agile workflow.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Strong technical background in data and analytics
• Experience in EDL and EDW reports
• Prefer someone with development experience
• 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager – managing Scope of budgets over $5 million
• 3+ years with Credit card technology experience with specific tools
• PMP Certification is a must-have
– Strong communication skills (working closely with Developer & QA team)
– Independent Worker
Nice to Have
– FI/Banking experience (North American Banking)
Degrees or certifications:
• Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
– 3-step Process: 3 virtual IVs (1 resource; 1 with Director; 1 with stakeholders)
– Interviews to take place ASAP
– Need someone, to begin with, no more than 2 weeks’ notice
– No short-term contracts (large projects should not have contracts less than 8 months) – this is a red flag
– Retail banking experience is ok as well