IT Project Manager
Location Address: WFH – 2201 Eglinton Ave E
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Hours: 37.5 hours / week
Business Group: We are the enterprise data lake. We manage ingestion and extraction of enterprise data lake. We are working with upstream and downstream teams to gather data and provide data to downstream consumer.
Project Summary: there are several projects. All of them revolve around data integration, ingestion and extraction
– We are working in an agile and scrum environment- you need to be comfortable with both delivery methodologies.
– As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of data integration and data extraction projects.
– Work with different teams.
– Must be good with communication and relationship building. keeping stakeholders up to date with project deliverables.
– Escalate issues as required.
– Keep Management up to date to prevent any slippage of the project
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
– Partner closely with other members of functional teams to define business requirements
– Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
– Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
– Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
1. At least 5 years of experience with Agile and Scrum delivery
2. At least 3+ years of prior work experience with Big Data and Data lakes
3. Experience with managing several projects at the same time.
4. Very good communication skills – you will be interacting with various levels of management, you must be able to clearly articulate project milestones, deliveries, challenges with Management
Nice to have:
1. PMP or PMI
2. Prior Banking, Financial or Insurance experience
3. Certified Agile Scrum Master
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Interview Selection Process:
1st Round interview: With Senior Manager and Delivery Lead. Major accomplishments, prior delivery of projects, prior challenges you've faced and how have you overcome obstacles to deliver projects on time. What is your success rate? What was the number of times that you went over budget, over time, in the Red? How did you manage to get the projects back on track?
2nd Round: Will be a shorter meeting with the Director.
• Interviews will be taking place on the first week of January