IT Project Manager
Location Address: WFH, followed by Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT Data and Analytics Technology (OU20015033)
• Project: Global Data Analytics Platform: expansion to cloud
• Reason for request: Backfill for FTE PM
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the global data analytics platform on the Google Cloud Platform. Phase 1 of the project is complete, hiring for phase 2 which will be expanding the current capability on GCP, as well as the use cases.
Typical Day in Role
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• The solution must be formally documented and costed as the general Design Document and internally represented on the project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project).
• Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders and groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
• Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
• Work with Project Sponsor to establish the scope of the project and then managed to the established scope. Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor. And/or Steering Committee.
• Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ experience managing and delivering complex software/IT projects in large organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of agile methodology
• Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, discipline tools, etc.
• Awareness of bank security principles and practices ? 4+ years’ experience in the banking industry
• Knowledge of Enterprise Delivery Framework an asset
• Strong budget management and forecasting experience.
• Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
• Delivery of project on GCP, Azure, or AWS is an asset
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Demonstrates proactivity and accountability.
Best vs Average: Someone who matches the skills above. They will work with a diverse team where soft skills are important, and the candidate will need to have strong people management skills.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One round with two members of the team