Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 3.5 months , will be extended after fiscal year end.
Project Summary: The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
– Partner closely with other members of functional teams to define business requirements
– Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
– Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
– Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
1. 8-10 years within Application Development experience
2. FI or Banking experience required
3. Prior experience managing project scope and size of at least $1.0 -$ 2.0 Million Dollars
4. Prior people management experience- managing teams up to 10-15 people
5. Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
6. Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
7. Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
8. Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
Nice to have Skills:
1. PMP or PMI certification
2. Prior GIAM (Global Identity Access Management)
1. Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.