Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 3.5 months, may be extended after fiscal year end.
Summary: The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
The project size is around 2.5 Million Projects, 11-30 People, Infrastructure project for Contact Centre.
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising Partner closely with other members of functional teams to define business requirements
– Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
– Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
– Proven project management experience People management and team building skills
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
– Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
– Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
– Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
1. At least 3 years of prior work experience managing a project budget size of $2.5 Million Dollars or more.
2. Prior People Management experience- must have managed at least 20 people in past projects
3. At least 3 years of prior Infrastructure Project Management experience
4. Excellent communication skills – you will be working with MANY team members across the organization and key stakeholders.
5. PMP or PMI certification
6. At least 3 years of prior FI or Banking experience is a must