Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Group Contributes to the overall success of the Compliance Technology team. Responsibilities include managing project teams and project governance, development of solutions and implementation plans, and ensuring project success to achieve regulatory compliance within pre-defined budget and timelines. This includes ensuring strong communications to support change implementation within the impacted business units and stakeholder groups. Client is looking for someone who can work closely with Internal Stakeholders, Vendors as well without own Business Analysts, System Architects, Infrastructure Technology, Application Developers and System Operation support teams.
• Project: The team is continuing with the ongoing migration project from an older Legacy Vendor Solution. The project has recently started its inception and requires additional support for full migration life cycle.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing strong PM skills and delivering high quality solutions for medium sized application projects.
Typical Day in Role
• Leading and overseeing delivery of technology solutions (from a data and application perspective) to our clients within the constraints of time/cost/scope.
• Perform financial analysis of cost/benefits of various proposed technology solutions
• Providing guidance to the project team to ensure efforts are aligned to the project delivery goal.
• Define project control processes, stakeholder management processes, and project gating documents in adherence to bank's EPMO standards.
• Building and maintaining solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines
• Engaging stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project
• Reporting project status, roadblocks and milestones to the project stakeholder and sponsors throughout the course of the project
• Prioritizing multiple projects and their deliverables based on the business value to our clients
• Motivating and fostering high performance team culture throughout the course of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years’ experience implementing successful IT projects throughout the SDLC cycle. Experience with application-based projects (understanding of data processing and workflows) is essential
2. Minimum 1 Recent project within a Capital Markets domain (Ideally control room experience)
3. Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to technical teams – will have the opportunity work with senior stakeholders, traders, and business units
4. Advanced skills with Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Jira – Understanding / Demonstrated skills as a scrum master
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills to resolve any project related issues across technical and business teams, as well as provide support for any ad-hoc tasks required to achieve project scope.
• Strong understanding of project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile), product development methodologies, and tools.
• Must be flexible, pro-active, result oriented with attention to detail and accuracy
• PMP designation is an asset
Degrees or certifications:
• Undergraduate degree in business or computer science equivalent.