Job Title: IT Project Manager
Duration: 3 months (possible extension – pending funding, performance, workload)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Enterprise Software Engineering and Architecture team is seeking Portfolio Manager to support the Plato Organization. This team is leading APIs, Microservices and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, architecture and governance in PLATO. This role will drive engineering product requirement collection, intake, training, communication, financial planning, business case preparation, one-time project delivery and outcomes reporting including KPI and benefits tracking, chargeback and monetarization. This Portfolio Manager will help to deliver engineering product portfolio; facilitate and develop technology forecasts and total cost estimates and deliverables for business leaders and internal partners.
PLATO is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development. The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilests and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences to customers.
Candidate Value Proposition
• Large, high-visibility program for Canada's biggest international bank
Typical Day in Role
• Partner with PLATO product management and engineering teams on building upcoming new engineering capability release schedule and driving the development.
• Drive cross functional coordination, identify and assist the engineering team in the management, mitigation and resolution of project related issues, risks and conflicts as needed.
• Communicate the program status to a variety of levels (i.e. e.g., Program Leader, Project Team, Executives, Business Leaders, etc.) and recommend corrective action when necessary.
• Coordinate product demos and prepare executive reviews.
• Establish a successful working relationship with the project team, third-party resources, divisional business groups, internal and external customers.
• Act as the primary technical and business point of contact for engineering product consumption intake estimation fulfillment.
• Create and optimize the operation process on benefits tracking, key performance indicators, chargeback and monetarization for engineering products.
• Lead and manage financial planning and reporting, resource forecast, business case preparation and communication.
• Collaborate with stakeholders on developing and delivering training in support of rolling out engineering products across the bank.
• Lead one-time project, establish the major implementation milestone dates and check points inclusive of the technical solution, conversion and training aspects of the release
• Develop & maintain project documentation throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
• In collaboration with the functional / technical leads, ensure tasks and activities align to the project plan
• Assist with identifying, documenting and bringing to resolution any critical issues and risks that may impact the agreed upon schedule, budget and scope.
• Manage the project change request process and facilitate the approval process for requests as needed
• Escalate unresolved issues to IT leadership in accordance with internal project policies
Must Have Skills:
1) Project Management (8+ years’ experience project management leading cross-functional teams in product development)
2) API & Microservices products (5+ years’ experience but will accept Webservices project experience if no API & Microservices)
3) Data Modelling tools (5+ yeas experience with FSLDM & ISO2002)
4) Project Financials (5+ years’ experience with financial planning, forecasting, preparing financial reports, financial analysis concepts)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Agile, PMP, Scrum Master, Product or another Management-related certification
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2-Step Process: Phone interview with Hiring Manager and In-Person panel interview