Job Title: IT Project Manager
Story Behind the Need
Business Group: Canadian Banking Technology’s Strategic Portfolio Office is seeking a seasoned Project Manager that has a technical background with financial systems for both product and servicing. The Project Manager will be managing a large-size project and leading business analysts redesigning business process flows while managing 3rd party vendors, and tracking/monitoring project financials.
Candidate Value Proposition
The Strategic Portfolio Office has the flexibility to fluidly move contractors, giving them the ability to touch multiple projects and gain experience and knowledge in different lines of business.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope • Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising • Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements • Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs • Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing • Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures • Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses • Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized • Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) IT Project Management (10+ years experience managing IT projects)
2) FI/Banking Industry (5+ years experience – preferably with the Big 5)
3) Clarity PPM (5+ years of experience tracking project budgets, status reporting, time tracking, etc.)
4) Stakeholder Management (5+ years of experience communicating with executive stakeholders and managing high level updates)
5) 3rd Party Vendor (experience managing 3rd party vendor) – 5+ years of experience
6) Project Financials (5+ years managing and tracking project financials)
– PMP Certification preferred
– Experience working with Agile Methodologies
– Consulting Background
Degrees or Certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
– 1-Step Process: 1 In-Person Interview with VP & Portfolio IV
– Interviews to take place between March 11- March 15