Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 6 months
Working Hours: 9-5 PM
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Enterprise Software Engineering and Architecture team is leading APIs, Microservices and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, architecture and governance in PLATO. Scotiabank’s Platform Organization (PLATO) is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development.
We are looking for an experienced technical project manager to drive API management platform delivery by organizing product requirement collection, intake, training, communication, financial planning, business case preparation and outcomes reporting including KPI and benefits tracking, chargeback and monetarization. The candidate will spend some of his/her time helping facilitating and developing technology forecasts and total cost estimates and deliverables for business leaders and internal partners. There's certainly ample opportunity for the candidate to work with inspiring leaders and immerse himself/herself in initiatives that are meaningful and make an impact.
Typical Day in Role:
• Lead API engineering teams on delivering API management platform including gateway, portal, devops, self-serve and API design management.
• Establish the major implementation milestone dates and check points inclusive of the technical solution, conversion and training aspects of the release
• Develop & maintain project documentation throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
• Drive cross functional coordination, identifying, documenting and bringing to resolution any critical issues and risks that may impact the agreed upon schedule, budget and scope.
• Communicate the program status to a variety of levels (i.e. e.g., Program Leader, Project Team, Executives, Business Leaders, etc.) and recommend corrective action when necessary.
• Coordinate product demos and prepare executive reviews.
• Establish a successful working relationship with the project team, third-party resources, divisional business groups, internal and external customers.
• Act as the primary technical and business point of contact for engineering product consumption intake estimation fulfillment.
• Collect data and generate KPI report of benefits tracking, key performance indicators, chargeback and monetarization for engineering products.
• Lead and manage financial planning and reporting, resource forecast, business case preparation and communication.
• In collaboration with the functional / technical leads, ensure tasks and activities align to the project plan
• Manage the project change request process and facilitate the approval process for requests as needed
• Escalate unresolved issues to IT leadership in accordance with internal project policies
Candidate Requirements/ Must-Have Skills:
• bachelor’s degree in STEM is preferred.
• 10+ years in a product, program and/or project management role leading cross-functional teams in product development.
• Agile, PMP, Scrum Master, Product or another Management-related certification
• Solid applied experience on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, preparing financial reports and contract negotiation.
• Good knowledge of general financial analysis concepts such as margin analysis, ROIC, project evaluation.
• Ability to create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
• Ability to determine the resources (staffs, time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices and disciplines.
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including business analysts, technical resources, business and IT executive leadership.
• Ability to effectively, and independently, manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail.
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Ability to lead and work under pressure.
• Ability to positively influence others to directly and indirectly lead large teams for success.
• Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Self-motivated and proactive, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Prior experience on API & Microservices products or projects is a major plus
• Prior experience on public clouds (Azure, AWS, GCE)
• Experience managing large, highly complex software programs for consumer products at scale
• Agile experience