Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 10 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Project: Seeking an IT Program Manager to support the ongoing Payments Modernization project.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to highspeed payment technology, working on high impact, and highly visible, projects at the bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required.
– Integrate inputs from many stakeholders to establish and manage a consolidated scope, schedule and budget for the program.
– Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program.
– Ensure all teams are aligned and that the dependencies between teams are tracked and managed.
– Report project status to multiple stakeholder groups, including: Canadian Digital Banking, business lines and executive SteerCo, as required.
– Manage and report on Enterprise PMO and Finance requirements including:
a. Milestones tracking
b. Risk tracking
c. Managing funding (OP) including budget forecasting,
accruals and reconciliation.
d. Enterprise Delivery Framework compliance, as required
– Ensure risks are mitigated and that teams are unblocked and can effectively complete their work. Escalate risks and issues that cannot be solved with the project team.
– Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines. Leverage these relationships to identify issues, make recommendations and initiation resolution.
– Support business case creation for proposed projects by managing and consolidating the scope definition, UX and technical design, estimation, and forecasting inputs from many teams.
– Ensure the engagement of compliance stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed throughout the course of the project.
– Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operational Readiness, NIRA, TRA) with associated team
Must Have Skills / Requirements:
1. 10 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects in larger organization
2. 3-5 years of experience working with/on digital software programs
3. 3-5+ years of experience working within Agile teams and possess an expert level understanding of Agile process (incl Metrics)
4. 3- 5 years of experience leading a team and serving as the primary contact for stakeholders, external teams and/or executive stakeholders
5. 3- 5 years of Program Management experience including: Planning and Estimation across many teams (WBS, Staffing, Cost estimates), Schedule Management & tracking, Financial Management – forecasting, tracking and reporting, Status Reporting (Status, Risks, Escalations, Mitigation plans) at executive level SteerCo
Nice to Have Skills:
1. Demonstrate strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum Master Certification (CSM/PSM)
2. Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI /PMP)
3. Previous Banking FI or Consulting
4. Software and/or Technical background
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
– Strong negotiation skills, conflict management skills and ability to influence executive management
– Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
– Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
– Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field
– PMP Certification is nice to have