Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary: The main function of an IT Program Manager is to oversee the application of program management methodology during all phases of the program cycle, with responsibilities including program design, scope management, cost control, quality and perform
Candidate Value Proposition –
You will be working on complex customer facing digital applications including mobile and online banking apps.
You will manage digital banking deliverables within a larger bank program of work. The digital banking deliverables will be spread across multiple digital platform teams.
– Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required.
– Integrate inputs from many stakeholders to establish and manage a consolidated scope, schedule and budget for the program.
– Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program.
– Ensure all teams are aligned and that the dependencies between teams are tracked and managed.
– Report project status to multiple stakeholder groups, including: Canadian Digital Banking, business lines and executive SteerCo, as required.
– Manage and report on Enterprise PMO and Finance requirements including:
a. Milestones tracking
b. Risk tracking
c. Managing funding (OP) including budget forecasting,
accruals and reconciliation.
d. Enterprise Delivery Framework compliance, as required
– Ensure risks are mitigated and that teams are unblocked and can effectively complete their work. Escalate risks and issues that cannot be solved with the project team.
– Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines. Leverage these relationships to identify issues, make recommendations and initiation resolution.
– Support business case creation for proposed projects by managing and consolidating the scope definition, UX and technical design, estimation, and forecasting inputs from many teams.
– Ensure the engagement of compliance stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed throughout the course of the project.
– Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operational Readiness, NIRA, TRA) with associated team
Qualifications/Must Have Skills:
1. 10 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects in larger organization
2. 3- 5 years of experience with past digital software programs
3. Work within Agile teams and understand Agile process (incl Metrics)
4. 3- 5 years of experience leading a team and serving as the primary contact for stakeholders, external teams and/or executive stakeholders
5. 3- 5 years of Program Management experience including: Planning and Estimation across many teams (WBS, Staffing, Cost estimates), Schedule Management & tracking, Financial Management – forecasting, tracking and reporting, Status Reporting (Status, Risks, Escalations, Mitigation plans) at executive level SteerCo
Nice to Have
1. Demonstrate strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum Master Certification (CSM/PSM)
2. Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI /PMP)
3. Previous Banking FI or Consulting
4. Software and/or Technical background
– Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred