IT Portfolio Manager
Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months (until Aug 31)
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm (7.5 hours/day)
Story Behind the Need:
• The Security Program Management team is looking for a IT Portfolio Manager who will be responsible for managing a set of Cyber security projects in a manner that optimizes the ROI from these projects and ensures their alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Project: PB&S – Responsible for the overall delivery of the project, writing and submitting business cases and ensuring that project delivery goes smoothly.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience working with a Global Cyber Security Team within one of Canada’s Top 5 Banks. We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and new ideas. The team will provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed in the role.
Typical Day in Role:
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• The solution must be formally documented and costed as the General Design Document and internally represented on the project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project).
• Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
• Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
• Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
• Motivating the Project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the PMO Director Operations Sponsor, the SVP and the EVP, as required.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 5+ years of previous experience as IT Project Management working with Director/VP Level
2) 5+ years of prior banking experience
o Demonstrated competence in some technical area related to the financial industry and/or information systems
o Knowledge of Bank Security Awareness Principle and Practices
o Understand financial management
3) Expert knowledge of project management tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint) and methodologies.
4) Knowledge in Elements of Organization and Management for large companies
5) Experience in Change Management
6) Experience in Relationship Management
Soft Skills (Required)
1. Superior oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: make presentations to varied groups; deal with all levels of line management up to the Executive Vice-President (individually or in committee); chairing meetings involving diverse Bank organizations and management levels; and dealing with vendors/consultants without exceeding authority.
2. Problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations and creatively develop alternate solutions and approaches necessary to resolve high-level, complex problems.
3. Expert facilitation and interviewing skills are required to produce objective and highly developed Benefit Maps.
4. Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills are also critical in order to negotiate with project team members/management
5. Team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups within diverse and multi-functional reporting units that are most often not within the incumbent’s direct supervision.
• PMP designation
• Bilingual in Spanish/English is an asset
• Previous Scotiabank experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
• Cyber security background and knowledge is an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round interview – hiring manager and colleague (30 minutes)
• Possibility of 2nd round interview