IT Field Support Analyst
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Duration: 4 – month Contract
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position has overall responsibility to ensuring the timely accurate resolution to requests or escalated queries from the Service Desk.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing a call tracking system for the purpose of:
- Processing / resolving client requests, incidents, questions and problems
- Ticket assignment
- Scheduling daily workloads
- Logging work performed
- Monitoring ticket progression
- Communication between the client and IT
- Print Server queue and scanning management (ie: GlobalScan, AutoStore)
- Hardware and software asset management (ordering, receiving, asset tagging, inventory mgmt., licensing)
- Provide ongoing support for hardware, software, and network connectivity by means of:
- Investigation and information gathering
- Testing / break-fix / troubleshooting (root cause analysis)
- Deployment / retrieval
- Research and documentation
- Providing high levels of customer satisfaction by:
- Taking ownership of incoming requests
- Assessing client urgency
- Asking the right questions
- Setting appropriate expectations
- Coordinating proper escalation
- Regular rotational local/remote site visits
- Ensuring call resolution
- Provide subject matter technical expertise to Field Services and Service Desk personnel
- Field Support queue management to insure service levels are met or exceeded.
- Self-education by staying current with system information changes and updates.
- Follow and adhere to Enterprise Service Delivery policies and procedures.
- Provide emergency and adhoc support for Service Desk Analysts in the following areas:
- Email coverage
- Phone coverage
- Active project involvement within IT and the business as required.
ACCOUNTABILITY & DECISION MAKING
Scope and magnitude of financial, budgetary, cost, employee responsibility and decision-making.
- Annual Performance Review and Goal Setting;
- Define required skill sets for Field Services personnel and identify when skills development is required.
- Provide team leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Scheduling and planning of remote site visits.
- Review and approval of expense statements
- Review and assess monthly mobility reports for team
- Insure support coverage is met and adhered to at all times during normal hours of operation.
- Hardware and software management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Years of experience combined with education, designations or certifications.
- Post-secondary education in an IT related discipline.
- A+, HDI Desktop Support Technician and Dell Laptop/Desktop certification is desirable.
- 8-10 years experience within an IT Support Desk with a minimum 3 years working in a field support role.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The nature and extent of skills and competencies required to achieve the goals of the position.
- Strong proficiency in:
- User Provisioning (Employee on boarding / off boarding processes, procedures and access requests)
- Achieving customer service satisfaction
- Access and account management practices
- Hardware procurement and trouble shooting
- Network connectivity
- Mobile devices (ie: iPhone/iPad)
- Microsoft Office, IT Service Management (ServiceNow), IBM Endpoint Manager, SAP, VPN/RSA, VMware
- Email support
- ITIL foundation including Incident Management, Request Fulfillment and Change Management
- Audio/Video Conference concepts, support and functionality
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- High level of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure dynamic environment.
- Disciplined, professional and can work with little or no supervision.
- Team focused and able to contribute in a collaborative environment
- Valid driver’s license to perform site visits
- Valid passport for potential travel.
- Ability to lift 35lbs
Nexus is one of North America's leaders in the provision of technology staff augmentation and strategic resource consulting. With a team of talented professionals using best of breed methodologies, Nexus consistently over delivers with quick, quality and trusted results to its clients and consultants.
Consistent, fair and professional are just a few words that describe Nexus – an organization that is motivated, vibrant and consistently delivering service results beyond our clients and consultants expectations.