Contract Length: October 31st 2021 (possibility for extension)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Team is seeking a seasoned IT/Business Project Manager for the implementation of new Regulatory Program within bank. The Project Manager will need to be strong on both the Business side and technology side, continue to drive project and initiatives for 2-3 works streams.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on other projects and be extended based on their performance.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Support the Portfolio Director and/or Program Manager to ensure the business needs and outcomes of the project are defined, satisfied and costs identified while working with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, process specialists, product managers, and others to onboard, plan, and execute engagements with the bank’s technology teams.
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Develop a strong partnership with the Business Sponsor to gain strong understanding of requirements, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently, and facilitate and drive the benefits of the project.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure business needs and outcomes of the project are achieved.
• Establish scope of the project; monitor and control scope to ensuring focus on delivery.
• Manage reporting for all work packages within the project.
• Establish roles and responsibilities in the project.
• Identify resource requirements, set expectations, and manage stakeholders to enable efficient and effective achievement to project outcomes
• Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
• Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
• Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 8+ years of Senior Project Management experience, with experience in large enterprises.
2) 3-5 years on business focus projects especially around Change Management / Training Related
3) Track record managing projects of high complexity, high risk and large budgets – own entire forecast and reporting ($10 Million+) – 7+ years of hands
4) Strong understanding of Agile project management principles and practices and experience managing projects in an Agile environment. – 5+ years
5) Project management tools (e.g., CA PPM) and techniques) – 3+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
– Scrum Master Certification (CSM) – Master’s degree / MBA – Regulatory Project experience
• Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals
• Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation), relationship building and analytical skills.
• Come with ideas and have a strong input
• Be dynamic, take initiative, be a leader
Education / Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
• PMP Certification