Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Project: Seeking an IT Business Analyst to supply the technical support and knowledge required for ongoing maintenance, optimization, enhancements and project involvement in support of business partners, while ensuring service availability targets are met and/or exceeded. The individual will be looking to start a career an IT Business Analyst working in the banking space.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the emerging technologies while getting their foot in the door as an IT Business Analyst. The candidate will get exposure to one of the best banking environments in Canada while gaining valuable experience, having direct impact on the banks deliverables.
Typical Day in Role:
– Provide support for assigned applications systems, evaluate problems of moderate complexity and identify actions to be taken and recommend/implement solutions to system problems.
– Perform required duties in support of the Bank’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This includes providing technical expertise in developing detailed requirements, estimating costs and time frames and preparing design documentation as required.
– Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes preparing deliverables for operational readiness and steady state support.
– Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no impact to the existing environments.
– Timely completion of all assigned administration functions: e.g. Status reports, time reporting development plans, setting objectives, performance appraisals, etc.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Less than 2 years of experience in the professional world – Candidate should ideally be coming out of school ready to start work and interested in this space
2) Must be functionally competent in the use of standard office productivity tools such as Microsoft Tools; Excel, VBA, etc, (advanced skill set required)
3) Working knowledge of Project Management, Agile Framework, Risk Management and Change Management skills – demonstrated in internship is preferred
4) Experience in Markets, Banking practices, Finance or Accounting required – this can be from a degree, internship experience, etc but exposure is required
– Work experience in agile project manager / project delivery is an asset
– Bilingual in Spanish / English is an asset but not required
– Knowledge in Banking Law [Common and/or Civil law] is an asset
– Math or econometrics background is an asset for this role
– Experience in SQL preferred
– Analytical, conceptual and communication skills at a level that will allow the incumbent to provide input to project plans as well as being innovative in designing solutions that can be implemented in the least number of workdays and yet fulfill the needs of the user.
– The candidate must come in ready to learn – they will not be able to jump right into the work and there will be some learning
– Candidate should have fantastic presentation skills and be comfortable working with a very diverse team
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering OR
– Math, econometrics, statistics, or business related degree is preferred