Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/10 – 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Responsible for managing the audits of business applications in Canada, Asia Pacific, Europe and also act as a Center of Excellence for other audit teams. Conduct application audit for the rest of the organization. Data Management Solutions – for business auditors to complete work in efficient manager. Responsible for the audit of data risk in the bank and implementation of data management practices and control.
Project: Additional Applications Audit resources are required in order to focus on AML regulatory compliance testing as a result of regulatory findings raised by the OSFI and FINTRAC.
Candidate Value Proposition: Enable the candidate to understand some of the best practices that bank is implementing around data management and critical processes such as AML to comply with leading practices recommended by regulators around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
– Executing Technology and Business Integrated audits providing assurance over the Bank's IT application controls, data controls (data at rest, data in transit, data in use), third party risks, software development and project management controls throughout the bank and in accordance with department standards.
– Ensure internal control weaknesses are identified; errors are quantified as applicable, associated impact is defined, documented and reported, the identified issues are clearly understood, and the appropriate actions are taken by management.
– Ensure audit findings are adequately documented in the Audit Issues Tracking Database.
– Ensure Teammate working paper files are reviewed timely and the audit work is documented according to the established standards
– Maintain effective communication with stakeholders including appropriate handling of conflicts and issue resolution.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) CISA Designation
2) 3-5 years of IT Internal/External audits experience – specifically applications audit preferred consulting firm experience.
3) 3-5 years Strong technical understanding of various IT platforms and evolving technologies – such as Cloud Computing and Big Data
4) 3-5 years – Experience data analytics to perform audit procedures in the technology space.
5) Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal and Written
2) CPA/ CA or equivalent
3) Bilingual in Spanish
Soft Skills Required:
1) Independent worker
4) Project Management and Organizational Skills
5) Ability to problem solve
Degrees: Undergraduate degree – bachelor’s in computer science, accounting, finance
Certifications: CISA Designation