Position Title: IT Analyst III
Duration: 7 months
Work Location: Montreal
Provide leadership for the provision of technical expertise in development and support of activities, processes, procedures and tools for protecting information security with a focus on application security Plan, coordinate and supervise complex informatics assignments; design and apply new methods and procedures. Solve business problems by providing detailed technical advice. Coordinate, lead and monitor technical systems inquiries. Liaise with vendors and service suppliers. Support and lead solutions with service providers. Certify satisfactory contract performance for systems development
• IT expertise in systems programming or network management.
• Team leadership experience
• Work as part of a team of highly motivated customer focused support personnel to deliver real time hands on technology support to the internal users.
• Provide users with technical support and information in a professional manner
• Setup and configure market data and trading applications including, Reuters, Bloomberg, Fidessa
• Diagnose desktop and software problems through troubleshooting skills and research
• Coordinate end to end client support from request through resolution.
• Provide support for projects when required
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced financial services environment.
• Interface with other support teams and vendors
• Coordinate and support system changes, user builds and desk moves
• Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
• Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
• Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
• Customer-oriented attitude
• Fast paced, high-pressure environment.
• Highly motivated, energetic with great communication skills
• Must be available to work after hours as needed to support system changes
• Able to lift heavy workstation, monitors, Printers, etc..
• Experience in the financial services industry physically supporting desktops/laptops is a must. 5 years
• Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments: 5 years
• Excellent Customer service is highly important: 5 years
• Desktop support: 3 to 4 years
• Application knowledge such as MS Office 365, MS Windows 10 and 7 on an enterprise level
• Advanced desktop troubleshooting skills (including remote troubleshooting)
• Good knowledge of market data apps
• Good Knowledge of Network, TCP IP, DSCP, and SSCM
• Support is required 90% on applications side and 10% on networking side
• Able to lift heavy workstation and monitors
• Bilingual French / English
Nice to Have:
• Experience working on Migration from windows 7 to 10
• Analytical thinking
• Skilled at Technical documentation
• Setup and configure market data and trading applications including, Reuters, Bloomberg, Fidessa, Air watch and blackberry platform