Duration: 9 months
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Business group: Group is building out digital products for the bank. Physical assets, bank mobile applications, digital marketing, digital branding.
Candidate Value Proposition: Client is completely focused on greatest and latest that apple has to offer. For any developer if you want to be up to date on application build technologies and work on these technologies this is the place to be. Client is consistency working on the latest and showcased on app store First Canadian App supported by Apple
Typical Day in the role:
– Biweekly scrum meeting
– Work around these scrum schedules – 70% of the time spent on developing
– 30 % of the rest of the time is spent on other scrum activities
– Very development focused role
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
– Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs.
– Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers.
– Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
– Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
– Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
– Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications/ Must have:
1. 5 or more years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
2. 5 or more years working with UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
3. Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
4. Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps
5. 3+ years of experience with of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback
6. Experience 3+ years of experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
7. Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
8. Prior work experience on large-scale product as part of a large and complex enterprise, with both new technologies and building on top of legacy systems.
Nice to Have skills:
1. Prior FI or Banking Experience.