Typical Day in Role:
• Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs.
• Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers.
• Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
• Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
• Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
• Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
2) 5+ years’ experience with UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
3) 3+ years ‘experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
4) 2+ years’ experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
1) Experience with Combine and SwiftUI a strong asset
2) Demonstrated understanding of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
3) Experience with troubleshooting app performance issues
Soft Skills Required:
• Good communication skills
• Takes initiative, is a go getter type
• Available to communicate on internal communication channel (Slack) – need to be readily available to respond to those queries
Bachelor’s / Diploma – in technical field such as computer science, engineering preferred