Contract Length: till 10/29/2021 (possibility for extension)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need: Business Group: Seeking an experienced iOS Developer for a project that involved enhancing and adding new features (80% of it will be adding new features) to the existing retail bank app in the App store. It is currently in the production phase. The iOS Developer will collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended to work on additional projects or convert to FTE while also getting further hands on exposure with iOS.
Typical Day in Role: – Working with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, reviewing pull requests in Bitbucket, reviewing your work with a designer and product owner, resolving any issues our quality assurance testers may find, and communicating closely with the team on Slack throughout the day – Coding only using the iOS system – Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project – Stay on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues – Always work to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 4+ years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development, deep knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines)
2) Experience with Swift 5 and XCTest – hands on experience highly preferred*
3) UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically – 3+ years of hands on experience **
4) Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps – no specific amount of years required but it will determine their level of experience
5) Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs (with SWIFT) – 3+ years of experience
Nice to Have Skills:
– SwiftUI and Combine experience
• You’re interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers
• You have the patience to work on a large-scale product as part of a big organization
• You’re comfortable with new technologies
• You have a deep pride in your craft, with a focus on user-centered, inclusive design
• You enjoy thinking outside the box
• You’re flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change
• You’re accountable for and take ownership of your work
• You're eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment
• You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
• You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside people with different skillsets.