Responsible for managing websites, mobile applications, and web presence for company. Coordinate with Company Management, Marketing and IT staff to ensure ongoing consistency and innovation in web content and design, accurate and secure content, and easy site navigation for a memorable end-user experience.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the digital group in Marketing and Member Relations who are responsible for web content management.
- Coordinate and collaborate with IT Infrastructure group and Information Security to ensure web sites, mobile applications, and web servers are maintained and secure.
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Debug pages and fix links or images.
- Update website content to reflect Search Engine Optimization (SEO) trends.
- Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g. traffic statistics and analytics, and conversions).
- Maintain responsive design. Stay up to date on the web’s latest technologies and make sure the sites and their products are always mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready.
- Interpret and analyze business requirements and design specifications and prepare written work estimates and work plans for review.
- Attend regular meetings to review designs, documentation and work progress.
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures and standards for development, testing and deployment of software systems.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, appropriate suppliers and production partners.
- Participate in the development and action of yearly competency performance work plan.
- Follow Company Code of Conduct including Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) practices.
- Ability to code mobile applications in Android and iOS
- Must possess strong communication skills and be able to collaborate with management regarding the web presence
- Proficient with HTML, CSS
- Experience working with E-Commerce (min. 1 year)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Five (5) + years working as a Web Developer
- Ability to work in an agile, fast paced environment
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of SilverStripe CMS
- Knowledge of coding within a CMS
Location: Calgary, AB