Intermediate Project Manager – Power BI
Location Address: WFH – open to fully remote candidates
Contract Duration: ASAP until Oct 31, 2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: New large project needing support
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Wealth and Insurance Audit.
Project: Compliance Remediation Transformation – 3-year program at initial stages (6 months in). The team is responsible for looking after the remediation plan once auditors conduct the initial assessments, to ensure the requirements set by the board are met and that the Bank is compliant. There have been changes to the project management function such as monitor demands and timeline shifts and this high-paced and growing team needs a project manager to support the workload.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on an enterprise-wide global compliance remediation project within one of the big 5 Canadian banks.
Typical Day in Role:
• Receive packages/milestones for workstreams and ensure requirements are built for each – currently there are about 200 milestones to manage
• Work closely with regulators and Global Compliance audit team on the remediation plan to ensure that requirements and deadlines set by the board are met
• Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress – run weekly status meetings to provide updates on where the plan is sitting
• Ensure the database and the dashboard is up to date to provide those status updates
• Assist in preparing presentations to the board and senior stakeholders with updated reports
• Expected to fill in when the Senior Project Manager is unavailable to deliver presentations and be a point of contact for senior stakeholders
• Partners with consultants on the project to ensure onboarding and administrative material is in line
• Involved in month to month reporting as well to ensure business is aligned
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years’ experience in project management, preferably within a financial institution
2) Proven experience with MS Project
3) Proven experience Power BI
1) Experience using SharePoint
2) Experience with Visio
3) Experience with JIRA
4) PMP/PMI certified
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Strong organization skills to manage competing priorities
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field
PMI or PMP certification preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round panel interview – 45 minute video interviews