Intermediate Project Manager
• Really good understanding of waterfall lifecycle phases and categories
• Project financial control (high level forecast accuracy)
• Working with program/portfolio manager, needs to be comfortable working within them and receiving requests from them.
• MS Projects experience
• Great communication skills, need clear speaking skills.
• Be able to communicate with stakeholders
• Using Clarity however easy to train on
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
• Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables.
• Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.).
• Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources.
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
• Ensures there is clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives.
• Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents.
• Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums.
• Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
• Develops or ensures development of project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance).
• Monitors and controls the project.
• Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports.
• Vendor and supplier managements
• Leading requirements design, programming and testing.
• Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects