Intermediate Data Engineer – GCP
Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 8 Months (until Oct 31)
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm (7.5 hours/day)
Extension: Yes, high possibility
Story Behind the Need:
• The Global Data & Analytics Solutions team is looking for a resource with GCP experience (Google Cloud Platform) to help Digital Marketing Cloud requirements.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies from the Google Cloud Platform. Opportunity for extension and conversion to FTE.
Typical Day in Role:
• Act as a subject matter expert in data engineering and GCP data technologies.
• Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies from the Google Cloud Platform.
• Work with Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches in the delivery.
• Be required to showcase your GCP Data engineering experience when communicating with clients on their requirements, turning these into technical data solutions.
• Be required to build and deliver Data solutions using GCP products and offerings
• Liaise and be part of our extensive GCP community, contributing in the knowledge exchange learning programme of the platform.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 3+ years of experience in GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
2) 3+ years of SQL experience (required for source data analysis/extraction)
3) 3+ years of Python experience with GCP APIs like BigQuery, GCS and Dataflow
4) 3+ years of experience integrating security services with AWS / GCP data services for building secure data solutions.
5) 3+ years of experience with Containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
6) Good understanding of GCP services such as IAM, and Google Cloud Storage buckets
7) Experience in designing API's, with knowledge in authentication frameworks like OAuth.
8) Hands on experience with CI / CD tools and workflows.
9) Experience with Airflow in automating jobs.
• Process certification, such as, Six Sigma, CBPP, BPM, ISO 20000, ITIL, CMMI.
• Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
• Certification for GCP Data Engineer
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive and able to complete tasks in an efficient manner
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1-2 rounds, panel style (30-45 hours maximum)