Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: ASAP to 01/21/2022
Business group: Handles SWIFT payments, providing support on related projects
Project: Regulatory remediation initiative (change the way payments are being routed in the back end, tech ops and business user groups) and coordinating with different areas to ensure deliverables are being achieved.
Candidate Value Proposition: Great exposure to payments areas, exposure to senior leadership, develop a good understanding of banks processes and products
Typical Day in the role: The main function of a non-IT project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project.
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
– Efficiently communicate to stakeholders (senior managers and directors) to manage expectations and project progress.
– Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using the banks procedures and policies.
– Facilitate conversations with different groups (wire experts, tech team, operations) and ensure discussions stay on track and are productive
– Document meeting minutes, track action items to closure
– Conduct and lead 2 status meetings per week
– Help HM coordinate executive steering committee meetings (coordinator content, ensure people are submitting deliverables on time)
– Drive the initiative to implementation (November)
– Sensitivity on when to raise an issue when project blocks arise
– Mainly will be working with Waterfall methodology
– Main challenge: resourcing capacity
Must have hard skills (3-5):
1. 2-4+ years of Project Management experience (Agile and Waterfall)
2. Excellent PowerPoint presentation creation skills
3. 4+ years of experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams
4. 2+ years BA experience
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Banking or financial services experience
2. Understanding of technology side as PM or BA
– Collaborative, team player
– Strong organizational skills
– Has curiosity and wants to learn more
Education: University graduate (any discipline)
Certifications: PMP or Agile Delivery Methodology