Intermediate Business Analyst
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Regulatory & Compliance Technology
• Project: Replacing full time staff working on proof of concept project (BAU work for the CAMP system –-? internal system).
• Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects and application support; will be involved with stakeholders, vendors, build new features in existing applications, write requirements, etc.
Typical Day in Role
• Present data to business users in a relevant format using Power BI
• Use Jira and Confluence internally, as well as other systems.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk etc.
• Coordinate various group initiatives/projects, such as the data collection from GBM Data Platform initiatives.
• Meet with key stakeholders to determine business system needs and requirements.
• Liaison with internal and external IT auditors.
• Ensure product quality throughout the development process. Provide step-by-step instructions to fix issues; provide backup or workaround solutions whenever necessary.
• Work with Excel to implement formulas, logic, show proof of concept
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3-5+ years’ experience in a relevant capacity as BA in the banking industry
• Proficient using relational databases and writing queries (SQL and Oracle)
• Advanced excel for data manipulation and testing
• Capital Markets knowledge and experience is an asset (client onboarding)
• Knowledge of contract negotiation is an asset
• Power BI experience is an asset
• Knowledge and prior experience with client onboarding
• Broad understanding of the Bank’s structure, operations, accounting policies, and financial/regulatory reporting requirements is desirable.
• Previous banking experience
• Great communication
• Write concise requirements, and communicate problems efficiently
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, attention to detail and communication skills required.
• Ability to work independently as well as a team.
Best vs Average: Hard-working and interested in technology. A candidate who is proactive, a problem-solver, and has great attention to detail. Are able to connect their previous experience to the job duties on this team.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One round (panel)