Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 6/7/21 – 12/31/21
Summary: The main function of a designer is to create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on design principles and concepts. A typical designer needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external stakeholders.
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Part of Operations team within the Bank. Mandate is to provide learning content and facilitation for employees (about 2000 employees)
Project: Provide learning solutions for high-profile project to create employee and coach learning guides. These involve creating training aids, reference guides, skill builds and some videos, saving to a common drive and then housed within employee learning guides.
Provide training support to achieve the goals/timelines for the large project focused on Retail customer functions, within an aggressive timeline. Responsible for providing instructional design expertise as part of the overall team.
This role performs needs analysis, developing new training materials and/or enhances existing training materials and may be needed to fill producer role in virtual facilitation. The role partners with Learning Team, business stakeholders, project management teams and strong collaboration with subject matter experts to ensure a strong solution is achieved and project timelines are met.
The success from these partnerships will involve investigation to outline draft training documents when none exist currently. The role also ensures all activities follow governing regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition: Many of the teams are production units, whereas the learning role brings a different vantage point, opportunity to learn more about other teams due to the learning guides you are completing.
Typical Day in Role:
– Supports the development and implementation of functional learning guides for new employees in the role
– Maintains learning programs and updates course content as assigned – Work impacts employees
– Multiple, complex, and high visibility projects
– Strong collaboration across bank areas
– Provides design and development expertise to support implementation of complex learning programs, provides recommendations on learning program design solutions, and works closely with SME to assess needs and determine recommended outcomes
– Development of training aids, employee guides or manager guides, with the possibility of videos
– Provides ongoing support with maintenance reviews of existing learning programs, ensuring high priority backlog items are included in reviews; May be required to act as back-up producer or facilitator for virtual learning deliveries (less common need).
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years of Instructional Design experience or related accreditation
2) 3-5 years Previous experience in executing learning solutions, incorporating Adult Learning Principles
3) 3-5 years of Microsoft Office – expert use of Word and PowerPoint; 1+ years experience with Snag-It tool; 1+ years experience with Accessibility
1) Instructional Design software tools – InDesign, Lectora, Captivate, Camtasia, Vyond or Photoshop.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Result Focused
2) Team Focused
3) Strong Communication
6) Problem solving
Degrees/Certifications: Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Adult Education or related field and/or related practical experience