Contract Length: 6 months (opportunity for extension)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need: Seeking an Infrastructure IT Project Manager to assist with 2 projects going on simultaneously at the Bank surrounding extracting and converting data that needs to be migrated as well as recovering data and converting said data to a new format. The candidate will have the opportunity to be a driving force on both projects working closely with internal members and senior level stakeholders alike.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies and across the most advanced applications in the FS space.
Typical Day in the Role:
– The PM profile will be responsible for all project artifacts – from charters, gates to be cleared, maintaining schedules, communication plans, so on
– Would host regular technical progress meetings with SME and consulting companies
– Prepare updates and presentations for key stakeholders that are monitoring and providing technical inputs
– Deals with executive stakeholders (3 different VPs involved) daily that need be kept up to date on progress
– Supervising chain of custody, overseeing ported data and ship over to Vancouver destination archive and ensuring key stakeholders in legal and security
– Ensuring that the safeguards are being kept – deals with maintaining privacy standards
– Work with SME and consulting companies to ensure that data manifests are being properly built and documented
– Coordinate validation tests at different locations with different vendors when data is being moved around
– Deals regularly with data archiving and management and this is something that should be focused on from previous history as well
– Make sure they obtain attestation from the different vendors the data has been destructed with certificate and coordinate with security and legal to confirm
– Monthly cadence includes updates of financials and key project artifacts, updates in dashboards with high visibility
– Forecast and track various budgets and expenditures of the vendors
– Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
– Working with medium sized projects team and leading workstreams within those project teams
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
– Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
– Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
– Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
– Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
– Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
– Escalate issues as required and manage project risk
– Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
– Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
– Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
– Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 7+ years of experience in a similar IT Project Manager role – large enterprise exp preferred
2. 5+ years of experience dealing with data migration, data shipments, data storage, etc and understanding of Data Center management operations
3) 5+ years of experience managing relationships with senior level Stakeholders and Executives both internally and at outside vendors
4) 5+ years of experience balancing 1-3 projects at once – managing accruals and forecasting specifically preferred
6) 5+ years of experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
7) 5+ years of experience with project management tools, including MS Project
Nice to Have Skills
– Experience dealing with legal, chain of custody’s, etc is highly preferred
– Experience within a large regulated enterprise or organization
– Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
– Master’s degree / MBA – Regulatory Project experience
– Excellent communication both verbal and written to communicate with senior level stakeholders on a daily basis
– People management and team building skills
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills to work with everyone from project team, to business partners and stakeholders
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
• PMP/PMI Certification is highly preferred