Contract Length: 6 months (opportunity for extension)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need: Seeking an Infrastructure IT Project Manager to assist with an overall Cloud initiative, supported by executive leadership and in line with the Bank’s dual cloud strategy seeks to deliver a cost effective and modern alternative to CDP in Kubernetes, migrate existing applications using CDP to the new platform and effectively decrease and eliminate dependency on the CDP platform allowing for full decommissioning of CDP components and PCF
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies and across the most advanced applications in the FS space.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Develop, track and manage project plans, timelines and scope
– Working with medium sized projects team and leading workstreams within those project teams
– Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
– Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
– Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
– Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
– Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
– Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
– Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
– Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
– Escalate issues as required and manage project risk
– Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
– Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
– Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
– Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 7+ years of experience in a similar IT Project Manager role – large enterprise exp preferred
2) 3+ years of CDP, or Cloud experience required – large scale programs required
3) 5+ years of experience balancing multiple large projects at once – managing budgets of $5M -10M+ – large project team is more important than the actual budget
4) 5+ years of experience working withing a large global Bank
5) 3+ years of experience in a position communicating/interacting with Senior level and executive level individuals on a daily basis
6) 5+ years of experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
– Executive level communications skills are absolutely required
– Project manager with drive and sense of urgency
– People management and team building skills
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills to work with everyone from project team, to business partners and stakeholders
Nice to have Skills:
– Scrum Master Certification (CSM) – Master’s degree / MBA – Regulatory Project experience
– Some technical understanding – some PM’s resumes will just skim the top of the project and it is not the nitty gritty meat or technical aspect – they want someone who if they are throwing technical terms at they will definitely understand
– There is a security piece as well – any security experience will help however there will be a security PM
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
• PMP Certification