Infrastructure Developer -AML
Contract Length: till Oct 31st 2022
Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: FCORE- Application Development is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Developer for a project to migrate existing functionality of a custom built Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system to the Investigation Hub (iHub) product from Oracle. The iHub product needs to be integrated into our existing infrastructure by following guidelines from Oracle balanced with infrastructure needs for the internal Scotia architecture team. Project has begun and the candidate will be required to hit the ground running from a technology perspective.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development the Infrastructure Developer will provide technical and operational assessments of requirements and contribute to design process for to integrate into existing architecture and delivering the performance expected by our Business partners. Once in place, the Infrastructure Developer would be responsible for keeping the underlying architecture and application up to date and to modify setup and configurations to further fine tune performance through out the products lifecycle.
After sufficient ramp up time incumbent will be relied upon as the expert in the iHub application and infrastructure.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and get exposure to various teams in the bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Work closely with project management and technical SMEs to update plan and work on next-in-priority technical items
• Documentation of existing state, interim state and future state solutions, architecture, and integration points
• Raise blockers or gaps in current plan, identify and engage teams that can resolve them and work towards that resolution.
• Accountable for the activities for projects assigned (including related sub-projects)
• Within the context of the assigned programs/projects, responsible for providing regular communications with technical stakeholders
• Act as the subject matter expert for the areas assigned and be able to summarize progress/challenges to leadership
Experience / Education:
• Infrastructure/Application experience either working with, building or upgrading an existing solution on a similar scale. Building and upgrading preferred.
• Understand requirements, design and implement technical solution within the application ecosystem
• Installation and configuration, including initial setup, ongoing maintenance and fine tuning of applications and their underlying infrastructure
• FCC Studio experience from the infrastructure perspective
• Sound technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar areas of technologies
• Solves complex technical issues which may require facilitation of multiple senior resources
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues requiring coordination across multiple different stakeholders to resolve
Must Have Skills:
1) Application setup and configuration in an Oracle environment
2) Infrastructure/Application design and support relating to an active globally used environment
3) FCC Studio/iHub or relatable AML technology application experience-1+ years of hands on experience
4) Linux OS experience (2+ years of hands on experience)
5) Apache Tomcat (2+ years of hands on experience)
Nice to Have Skills:
– Agile and DevOps team experience
– Hands on experience with other AML applications, i.e. NICE Actimize, Fircosoft, FINTRAC reporting
– FI/Banking Industry experience
– Strong communication skills – written & verbal (internally facing, will have to lead a few things with internal tech team, or interface with other tech teams at the Bank)
– Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
– 1 round of non-technical “fit” video interviews followed by selected candidates joining a second round technical panel video interview. Both through Microsoft Teams