Job: Information Security /Risk/ Data governance Analyst – 29515-1
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 Months
Role Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Set expectations across the organization for effective and secure use of information
· Ensure data management risks are identified, evaluated, communicated and subsequently managed for the entire life of the risk.
· Influence leaders in the organization to action the critical bad risks and advise them of good risks that can be taken to achieve the business goals.
· Provide program status on a periodic basis and influence the stakeholders across the organization to conform to the control standards and regulations.
· Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner; develops relationships with key people in other functions and at other levels and across peer companies; expresses disagreement tactfully and sensitively; creates an environment in which people from diverse backgrounds feel comfortable.
· Establishes aggressive goals and drives for results; readily puts in extra time and effort; tackles problems and works to resolve them without delay; establishes high standards of performance. Ability to outline strategy, execute strategically and tactically, ability to connect the dots, identify critical risks and provide options for mitigation to enable business strategy
· Gives compelling reasons for ideas; anticipates and responds effectively to the positions and reactions of others; builds support for own ideas through contacts with others; knows which battles are worth fighting.
· Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies; Sees the "big picture" (e.g., overall themes, trends, goals); Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities; Establishes strategies for achieving individual or work unit goals.
· Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems; encourages others to look at problems and processes in new ways; identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
· Understands complex concepts and relationships; Looks beyond symptoms to identify causes of problems; Analyzes problems from different points of view.
· Demonstrates confidence, maturity, and flexibility in response to work challenges; adapts quickly to change; open to feedback and change; understands own strengths and areas of development; pursues personal learning.
· Knowledge of Data Governance frameworks, regulatory requirements and control objectives and potential solutions to meeting objectives
· Knowledge of technology risk frameworks in financial services and ability to design controls to meet business needs
· Applies accurate logic to facts; considers a wide range of information and factors; generates and evaluates alternatives; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; makes timely, sound judgments.
· Approximately 10 years of related industry experience, preferably in a financial institution
· 5 plus years of risk management experience
· Experience in data quality initiatives and programs, data governance or managing the end to end information lifecycle (processes, programs, governance), data stewardship or information management governance required
· Knowledge of operational risk and analyzing risk information required
· Experience with data analytics is a MUST
· Basic knowledge of machine learning concepts
• worked with AI/machine learning/robotics (not manufacturing)
• worked within an FI
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral communication
• friendly, approachable, identify
• Bachelor/Masters degree in Technology, Information Management, Information Analytics or equivalent experience
• one in person interview
– HM + conference call