Typical Day in Role:
• You’ll be responsible for driving the recovery of critical incidents, managing business and IT stakeholder’s communication, will work with Subject Matter Experts to identify ongoing risk’s and devise a plan to mitigate those risks. While this is not a shift-based role, you are required to be available 24×7 to handle any major outages during your designated on-call week.
• You will join the highly skilled Incident team, which has been spearheading IT stability by delivering consistent results and winning the confidence of business as a trusted partner for all critical outages.
• You are responsible to collaborate with various support teams and vendor partners to device the shortest resolution path by establishing strong command and control over the bridge.
• You are responsible for sending consistent and timely communication to business and IT stakeholders.
• You are responsible for conducting post incident reviews and drive the teams to identify root cause, lessons learned and a plan to prevent a reoccurrence of similar incident.
• You will provide improvement opportunities in the existing enterprise process.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 6+ years of progressive IT working experience that spans a high-level understanding of full stack technologies used in a large enterprise.
2. 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the Incident Management of complex IT environments at large organizations.
3. 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in handling incident bridges involving support teams from multiple geographies & global time zones.
• Banking & finance services industry experience is an asset.
• ITIL Foundations certified (ITIL V3, 2011 or V4).
• Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow is a plus) with strong understanding of service management principles it supports.
• You can demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The ability to communicate confidently and clearly is essential on conference calls, in meetings, via email, as you may interact with senior executives (VP+ audience) from Business and Technology.
• Ability to communicate incident status quickly and clearly in business-friendly language.
• You are adept in working in a complex, fast paced environment by demonstrating strategic thinking, weigh risks, and apply sound judgment to choose right solution.
• You can set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, plus can accurately reflect current state and drive towards resolution.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required.