Here are job details
Manager – Finance
06+ months contract
Our clients Canada Controller Organization is looking for a Manager on a six-month contract, for the Fixed Asset Accounting team, located in Mississauga Ontario. The Fixed Asset Accounting team is responsible for the overall accounting process, including the newly introduced IFRS16 for client and its subsidiaries.
This position is ideal for an individual looking to work in a dynamic and challenging environment and is an excellent opportunity to learn about BCE operations and processes.
The Manager, Finance, will be responsible for the Lease Accounting processes. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, they will perform a variety of tasks:
• Participate in IFRS 16 – Lease Accounting transition activities and dual reporting, as required
• Regularly monitor interface activities from lease source systems to SAP
• Work with lease originators to complete interface inputs to facilitate lease contract creation in SAP
• Perform periodic reconciliations between source systems and SAP and take action to address variances
• A quick study to become a subject matter expert for the full cycle lease accounting process
• Prepare monthly Lease dashboard for all companies
• Analyse month end depreciation expense and variances for lease asset classes
• Analyse monthly transfers and their impact on depreciation for lease asset classes
• Ensure compliance with accounting policies
• Review balance sheet reconciliation to ensure balance are valid with sufficient back up
• Complete and document monthly control procedures
• Assist in external/internal audits.
• Execute transactions and respond to BU Controller queries regarding leased assets and depreciation.
• Other Ad hoc reporting
Critical qualifications / competencies would include:
• Bachelors or College degree in Business or Accounting
• IFRS16 knowledge an asset
• Proficient PC skills, Intermediate Excel a must
• Comfortable working with large volumes of data
• SAP experience preferred
• Willingness to take initiative and ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution
• Ability to handle multiple requests in order of priority and multi task when required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively work with peers and internal customers