Job Title: Help Desk Analyst – Junior- 31832-1
Start/End Dates: 9/23/2019 – 3/22/2020
LOB: Treasury Payment Solutions
Possibility of Extension: Yes
Possibility of FTE: Yes
Possibility of Overtime: Yes, but in small quantities
Working Hours: call center is open from 7:30am-7:30pm Monday-Friday, 8 hour shifts- for the initial portion of the contract, candidates will likely need to work the 11:30am-7:30pm shift, though this can be changed over time.
Group Info: It is a large, fun group of individuals new to the bank, allowing these new individuals to fit right in! In addition to initial training, ongoing opportunities for further learning are always available. The team consists of both English-only and Bilingual analysts as well.
Candidate Value Preposition (CVP): This is a safe and fun environment for someone looking to orient themselves with the BMO realm and banking in general. It will allow them to flex their professional muscles and work on their customer service skills as well as improve their knowledge of BMO products/call center environments.
• Provide response to customer questions received via telephone calls, callbacks, emails, and help desk requests.
• Provide technical and production support for TM/FX/CC products and services, including incident identification, recording, classification, initial support, investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery, incident closure, ownership, tracking, monitoring and communication, to ensure service levels are maintained.
• Assist customers in trouble shooting and resolving issues during deployment and ongoing use of products & services, effectively diagnosing and working through complex problems with a high level of accuracy and with a focus on providing exceptional customer service.
• Promote positive customer relations by consistently providing exceptional customer service and fostering trust and confidence by taking ownership of support issues, providing friendly and accurate resolutions, and diligently searching for solutions when the answer is unknown
• Escalate issues that are beyond the level of expertise through the appropriate channels.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of TPS products, services, processes and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements
• Monitor completion of all internal and external operational effectiveness/compliance requirements to manage risk within acceptable limits
• Protect the Bank’s assets by adhering to all applicable regulations, Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, established risk guidelines and regulation requirements.
• Maintain the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
Follow security and safeguarding procedures in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud, money laundering or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
Must Have Skills:
• 1-2 years of experience in a similar call center/customer service role fielding similar, user-based issues, including:
o Customer’s inability to sign into their accounts
o Resetting user passwords
o Tracking payments that have not parsed through
o Customer’s inability to locate the website/navigate the proper channels
• Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook
• Experience using Internet Explorer within a Windows 10 OS
• Previous experience in a call center environment
• Familiarity with ticketing systems (the one used in this role is relatively simple and easy to pick up)
• Knowledge of how to do remote access work is a nice bonus
• Fluency in French is nice to have- note this is not a bilingual help desk role, so this is not necessary for consideration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills- this is arguably the TOP skill for this role
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Good phone manner, customer service mentality
• Positive attitude, particularly evident over the phone
• Patient, particularly when fielding customer inquiries
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment similar to this
• Post-secondary degree preferable
• One round, in person, 30-45 minutes, with HM and possibly an assistant manager