RFS Number: IT18-CSC-0219
Cluster: Community Services Cluster
Ministry: Ministry of Education
Work Location – 777 Bay St., Toronto
Assignment-Specific Details pertaining to this RFS:
Assignment Name: Advanced Analytics Solution Support
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: Monday, April 01, 2019
Anticipated Assignment End Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
The Community Services I&IT cluster (CSC) of the Ontario Public Service serves the Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU), Education (EDU), Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH), and Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS) Ministries. The Data Collection and Decision Support branch (DDSB) within CSC provides data collection and analytic service to all four client ministries.
DDSB supports the ministries by providing information management tools that help enable public policy decision making, business and strategic planning, and program support and improvement. Background: The Community Services I&IT cluster (CSC) of the Ontario Public Service serves the Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD), Citizenship and Immigration (MCI), Education (EDU), Municipal Affairs (MMA), Housing (MOH), and Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS) Ministries. The Data Collection and Decision Support branch (DDSB) within CSC provides data collection and analytic service to all six client ministries. DDSB supports the ministries by providing information management tools that help enable public policy decision making, business and strategic planning, and program support and improvement. Objective/Scope: A level 1 Project Coordinator is required to work on a number of initiatives across the various business areas supported by the branch. The successful candidate will work with various technology teams to coordinate deliverables, assist in tracking project milestones, organize various team meetings, assist with project finance tracking, assist in the creation of various project deliverables, etc. The candidate will provide services under the direction of the Senior Technical Manager, Data Collection Projects team, and Project PM. The assignment entails working with managers, team leads, program analysts, and subject matter experts within the business ministry and Community Services I&IT Cluster throughout the engagement. The Project Manager/Coordinator will provide innovative solutions for the support tasks described below in this RFS.
• Be the first responder for all phone calls and emails, complete tickets and document the customer’s question or technical issue quickly and professionally within the ticket
• Triage, assess and help route customer tickets to the proper solutions team or technical experts and ensure that these tickets are picked up by the assignee.
• Assist customers with resolving technical issues over the phone or via remote session.
• Escalate issues, when required, to the appropriate subject matter experts.
• Evaluate issue trends and resolutions and document for future use.
• Perform routine daily tasks in customer environments as part of our proactive maintenance routines.
• Maintains accurate records of completed and pending jobs/incidents.
• Follow organizational policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation
• Help drive helpdesk process improvements and optimization
• Leverage previous experiences to improve tracking and logging of tickets
The ideal Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• A “customer first” attitude. • Possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills. • A proven track record in creating and maintaining documentation, including service tickets and customer communications. • Must be able to work in a team environment and can proactively assist others. • Exceptional customer service orientation. • Must be detail oriented. • Ability to quickly diagnose and fix problems • Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment with a high degree of professionalism. • Excellent organizational and analytical skills. • Ability to prioritize, and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines. • Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to create and maintain professional relationships with colleagues. • Must be sufficiently versed in the technical aspects of PC’s, networking, software and hardware to provide a source of expert advice on any problems that may develop. • Knowledgeable about the use of business application programs, including current Microsoft Office products, and to be able to communicate with other professionals about them.
In addition to the above, preferences will be made to the candidate that possesses some or all the following “nice to have” qualifications in addition to those listed above:
• Job experience working in a Customer Service role in a service industry
• Experience with any type of IT support applications considered an asset
• Experience working in a Help Desk Environment
• Help Desk Ticketing system platforms, protocols and workflows