Job Title: Hadoop Analyst – 12 month contract
Location – North York
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
We have been building our Business Intelligence team and have made tremendous strides in creating the BEST BI environment this industry has seen! As a result, we've been able to provide strategic guidance and intelligence that has contributed to Bell's success. If you want to work with the latest & greatest BI tools like, Best in Class Teradata, SAS and Hadoop all within an Agile Methodology environment, then this may be the role for you!
Our people are empowered to make big things happen and are supported by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
About the Role
The Hadoop Analyst will be a key member of the Business Intelligence Media Analytics Team and work on the Hadoop platform. The Hadoop Analyst will work closely with Hadoop Administrators, Developers, and Business Stakeholders. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Lead analytics projects working as the BI liaison to other business units in Bell
• Data cleansing and data quality/integrity testing to prepare data for general analytical use
• Work in an iterative environment to solve extremely challenging business problems
• Drive BI self-serve with other business units using tools like Microstrategy and Tableau
• Documentation of all analytical processes created
• Opportunity to be cross trained in other complementary area in Hadoop
• Along with the rest of the team, actively research and share learning/advancements in the Hadoop space, especially related to analytics
The following skills would be considered assets:
• Degrees with a balanced focus between technical and business related discipline
• Relevant experience in the Telecom or Media industry
• Experience using the Hadoop tool set such as Hive, Impala, Python, Scala, Spark, etc. (2+ years)
• Effective communication and presentation skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Knowledge of various advanced analytical techniques with the ability to apply these to solve real business problems
• Advanced analytics in any of the following areas: Predictive modeling, machine learning, forecasting, network analysis, recommendation engines, optimization models, NP hard problems
• And must be a team player and fit well with the Bell Business Intelligence culture!