Job Title: Graphic Designer
Duration: 12 months
We’re seeking an highly talented UI/UX Designer to join our growing team to work with a cross-functional team to deliver well-crafted responsive websites for millions of our customers across Canada.
You’ll be responsible for executing stunning front end design work, including creating visual mockups for static and dynamic pages, working on different aspects and deliverables of the project as it progresses. You will need to be able to explore different directions and work within technical and brand constraints, but will apply your own flair, training and natural instincts to create highly engaging, effective design solutions.
You will thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self–direction. With your natural aptitude for team collaboration and open communication, you embrace working with colleagues both in-person and through technology (Skype, email). Most of all, you care deeply about your work and look forward to contributing your talent to make a high-performing team even better. But you also know when to relax and share in some fun.
• Develops site design by coordinating with the Product Owner, web publishers, developers and business stakeholders
• Designs engaging interactive experiences including the selection or creation of imagery and animation
• Lead design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval
• Create final visual mockups against wireframes, in keeping with Manulife brand standards, UX guidelines and accessibility legislation (AODA/WCAG)
• Provide final design assets and documentation to the publishing/development team; liaise closely and provide support to the ensure the final output matches the intended visual design
• Collaborates with other web designers & the UX team in the latest technologies and trends for efficient and aesthetically pleasing web design, as well as the development of Manulife's internal digital style guide and design processes
• Diploma or degree in Graphic or Web Design, Visual Communications or equivalent
• A superb creative portfolio that demonstrates a variety of work in different styles
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in web and graphic design
• Strong visual eye and attention to detail
• Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Zeplin
• Solid understanding of and previous experience designing to AODA/WCAG accessibility standards
• Previous experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) a huge asset
• A continual energy and enthusiasm for exploring the latest web technology trends and design techniques to evolve your skillset and work you produce
• Solid communication skills – ability to effectively communicate design concepts and decisions
• A team player who welcomes and seeks out collaboration – you understand that giving/getting feedback from your design and UX colleagues is crucial in the development of your work and your own career growth
• Resourcefulness and hustle under pressure; must be able to work smart through adversity and deadlines
• Highly organized with great time management skills — you’ll be able to juggle multiple priorities at once