GCP Developer- Java/ Python
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze the current process to migrate to GCP
• Build, test, and deploy the new process to GCP
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of experience in application development using Java and related technologies.
• Hands-on experience building/deploying applications using GCP
• Strong working knowledge in GCP Compute Engine Provisioning and Configuration, Buckets and Storage, and GCP Spanner for Pub/Sub.
o Python experience is by extension a requirement
• Strong working knowledge in Unix/Linux environment and shell scripting.
• Good working knowledge in SQL and databases.
• Hands-on experience with version control and build tools such as Git/BitBucket and Maven.
• Experience with Microservice architecture and REST services would be asset.
• Good working knowledge in CI/CD pipeline would be an asset.
• Good understanding in design patterns and best practices.
• Good communication
• Team player
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.