Job: FX Support Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 Months
Prime Function: Accountable for the analysis, maintenance and support of Capital Markets / Foreign Exchange (FX) applications.
Some Specific Functions of this Role include:
• Provide application support for 20+ applications directly to the FX line of business and stakeholders
• Interact directly with the FX line of business and stakeholders
• Perform in?depth analysis on production problems, identify root causes and recommend solutions to resolve application malfunctions and prevent recurrence
• Communicate and recommend changes to development teams
• Update and maintain Wiki page on Confluence
• Manage incidents following ITIL standard
• Monitor systems and alerts to ensure systems are always healthy
• Monitor email inbox and respond to issues and requests
• Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate.
• Recommend changes to enhance current monitoring specifications
• Implement changes to production systems and applications
• Participate in frequent training sessions
• Write small programs in Perl, Java, VBS or VBA
Knowledge & Skills:
• University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or Business or applicable work experience
• Business knowledge of Capital Markets is an asset.
• Understanding of Foreign Exchange (Trade booking, Risk, Confirmations, Settlements, Accounting, Reconciliation) or trading floor applications are an asset.
• ITIL certification or understanding
• Intermediate skill sets in working with Windows and Unix environments
• Understanding of databases and intermediate query skills
• Strong analytical ability for complex problem solving under pressure.
• Solid communication and great interpersonal skills
- 5 – 7 Years of experience
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Functional hands on experience on Murex or WSS
- Strong understanding of FX Front Office and BO operations
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Possesses strong knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
Business Products and process knowledge:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the business units’ key products and services, process and controls.
- Good understanding of the business BO process
- Good knowledge of Front Office business process
- Solid database query skills
- Strong Unix command line skills
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills with ability to analyze a component or components of a process to optimize system functionality
- Strong change management skills and strong prioritization skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills.