Full Stack Developer – Java/Angular
Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Wholesale Risk and Technology group is searching for a strong Full stack Developer that has both database development and front end UI development using Angular.
• Project: The group is working on the new Cerberus Blotter under Structure Notes Modernization project. (enhancing support data integrated by multiple systems) and requires a full stack developer
• Reason for request: Programming required in Zeus as the mid-office platform for support of new Cerberus Blotter under Structure Notes Modernization project.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will work with an intricate development team that thrives under pressure and feeds off each other to create cutting edge products with new technologies.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Can expect 30-40% of workload to be front end
• Working with development team and QAs
• Assigned tickets from the BAs (working in two-week sprints) and help to determine subtasks and “stories” if the tickets encompass large tasks.
• Enhancing existing code base with new functionalities
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
Recent experience (from 2018 or 2019) in Spring Boot, Angular relational database, etc. is necessary for a successful candidate.
1) 6-7 years’ experience with Java (at least Java 8)
2) 4-5 (minimum) years’ experience with Spring Boot and JPA Hibernate
3) 5+ years Relational database development with Oracle, Sybase, or MSSQL Server
4) 4+ years’ Front end development with Angular
5) Experience with BitBucket, setting up development environments for backend and frontend, building with Jenkins and deploying code into Linux
– Clear communication skills to speak up as needed – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
– Team player who can work well with a diverse team
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to break down technical information to senior non-technical management
– DevOps tools experience with container (dockers or containers)
– Previous capital markets experience is a plus
– Kafka messaging skills nice to have (some work involved in receiving data upstream from Kafka)
– Unix Shell Scripting experience is an asset
Best vs Average: Good communication is important for success and coordination with BAs. Contractor transparency with current status of their deliverables, and updating tickets with current progress, is important for the team’s performance. Analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as critical thinking, would set a candidate apart.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 3 Step Process: 1 codility test/ take home exam + 2 Teams IVs