Full Stack Developer- Java
Typical Day in Role:
-Analysis, solutioning and code development and code review for other team members
– Providing support to production releases.
– Reverse engineering and requirement analysis of an intake.
– comfortable supporting a legacy application
– Provide technical direction with team input and feedback
– Assist with developing coding standards and testing approaches
– Collaborate with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
– You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
– Provide expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to "area of specialty".
– Provide reviews of solution designs and related code.
– Mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 7+ years of building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java
2. 5+ years of Proficient experience using J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
3. 5+ years of experience using Spring / Struts 2 / JSF / jQuery / Hibernate/ Sybase
4. Hands on experience with WebSphere 6 and Apache Tomcat
5. 5+ years of experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
6. Over 3 years of hands-on experiences with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD
7. Well knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt experience to new and evolving environments
1. Previous experiences in major Canadian bank considered as asset, specifically web banking system
2. Previous experiences as Technical Lead or Solution Architect considered as asset
Soft Skills Required:
Excellent communication skills – oral and written
Bachelor’s degree in a related field