Full-Stack Developer- Angular/ Java/ Springboot x 2
Typical Day in Role:
– Works closely with end-users, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Must take an interest in understanding the business functions of the end-users.
– Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
– Contributes to the design of new applications and undertakes enhancements. Largely working with creating net new code, the project works with decommissioning an aged application.
– Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
– Daily stand up with end users/traders – 10/10 communication is required
– 30% Front End/70% back end
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 10+ years’ experience using Java
2. 4+ years’ experience with Springboot
3. 1+ recent years’ experience with Angular 11 (using existing components as needed)
4. Kafka topics knowledge is required (to consume and publish through Springboot)
– Databases: MS-SQL and Oracle is an asset
– AG Grid experience is an asset
– Additional CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Artifactory is an asset
– Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is an asset
– Capital markets (equities, listed derivatives, etc.)
• The candidate must also possess good analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and be able to interact efficiently with other team members and the user community. The candidate should also be a quick learner, self motivated and results oriented, and able to work independently.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required