Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Length: 3 months (potential for extension)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a full stack developer who is proficient in both, React Js and Node Js, to help design, develop and implement cloud based application/s for customers in the Caribbean region. This developer will work with a team of SMEs based out of Toronto, and other offshore developers (Dominican Republic, India) to help implement the solution.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended for further projects, based on needs.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Design, develop, and implement cloud based applications, using in-demand languages and technologies (e.g. React Js, Node Js)
Must Have Skills:
1) Hands-on work experience with React Js (Front-end) – 5+ years of hands on experience
2) Experience with NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS (Back-end)- 5+ years of hands on experience
3) Experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications – 5+ years of hands on experience
4) Experience with Accessibility (implement accessibility related functions onto app – code, etc.)- 3+ years of hands on experience
5) Experience with Sinon (Mocking, Stubs), and Redis – 5+ years of hands on experience
6) Experience working with json-web-token authorization- 5+ years of hands on experience
• Prior FI / Banking experience preferred
• Prior work experience with bank
The successful candidate should also possess the following:
• Experience working with database technology such as Sybase
• Experience in working with scalable containerized systems in public cloud (Azure)
• Knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
• Used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor)
• Strong experience with APM tools, such as Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.
• Have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Comfortable using tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
• Deep knowledge of Agile principles, and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
• Hit the ground running
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal), Interacting with Product, Design, Front-end and Back-end Teams
• Excellent communication, including ability to distil technical details into human terms
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science