Full Stack Developer
Location Address: 44 King Street W, 19th Floor
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
Project: The K2 (in house platform) is being replaced derivatives platform existing being replaced, K2 new one is PXV – moving forward with Phase 5 of implementation
• Reason for request: Full Stack Developer for DPM Platform
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide. The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide. We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
Typical Day in the Role:
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
• Guide team members through technical issues and challenges including frontend and backend.
• Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
• Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
Must Have Skills:
-6+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
– 4+ years of experience with relational or No. SQL databases.
– 3+ years of UI development experience with Angular, React or Node
– Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns;
– Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
– Previous experience designing mission critical systems.
– Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
– Previously worked as a Lead Developer or a Technical Lead
– Working with another technology team, but will need to be able to communicate with different development teams
– Someone who can work independently, willing to train other junior members
– team player, someone who can work well with others and give regular updates / status of what they are doing
Nice to have Skills:
– 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot with an emphasis on Web or REST services.
– 5+ yrs of Angular, bootstrap and Node experience
– Experience with REST, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture
– Experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Sql Server, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Ansible, Docker.
– Experience with multithreading.
– A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
– Experience working on front office trading applications
– Understanding of cloud-based deployment
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: Codility, followed by a Microsoft Teams Interview (Technical with Development Lead)
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP