Full Stack Database Administrator
Typical Day in Role:
• Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
• Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
• Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
• Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
• Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
• Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
• Write scripts and enhance performance.
• Strong knowledge of SQL.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments within the Financial Industries.
• 7 + years Hands on Experience of DB2 HADR
• 7 + years SQL Program Language Experience – as team also does development work
Soft Skills Required:
• Able to work individually and as a team
• Coordination Skills
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent Presentation Skills – able to translate technical standards/practices to customer.
• Desire to keep up with new technology innovations
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• Certification on latest database technologies. EX: SQL, DB2, or latest database technologies is a plus