Core Responsibilities Include:
• Manage, monitor and report overall SOX compliance testing activities by leading multiple status meetings, preparing and/or reviewing meeting materials, completion of project and executive dashboards, etc.
• Perform reconciliations as needed for the controls library to that of external testers records to ensure that controls are covered for testing.
• Keep the Control Library, Internal Control Application / Database and SharePoint site up to date at all times
• Maintain regular communication with the team and provide progress on open items to Internal Controls management.
• Distribute and track the completion of monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual certification documents.
• Assist Internal Controls team in ensuring that controls (business and IT) are appropriately designed and documented for all new initiatives / projects.
• Serve as the primary custodian and maintain various tools/applications required to produce internal control/SOX documents and communicate with various stakeholders.
• Actively support the team in facilitating the completion of documentation for SOX relevant projects/deliverables.
• Perform other activities (i.e., ad hoc analyses and/or reporting) as required.
• Degree in Business with a major in Accounting and/or a professional accounting/auditing designation (eg. CA, CGA, CMA, CPA, CIA, CISA).
• 3 to 5 years experience in working with controls and risk concepts, operational & financial audits, risk based audit planning including identifying and evaluating key risks, performing risk assessments ideal.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g.,data analysis, pivot tables, if statements, vlookups, etc.). Must be able to create flow charts using Visio.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; required to communicate with various levels of senior management.
• Solid project management skills required; ability to multitask is critical.
• Detail oriented, strong analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills required.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and as a team player with a strong sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of SOX 404, COSO, COBIT an asset.