Financial Analyst – ACBS/Loan IQ
Location Address: Hybrid model – WFH & Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GWO – Lending Services – operations of corporate lending services.
Project: Incumbent will be working on the Deal Team – setting up corporate lending deals/loans.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to end-to-end processes of a corporate lending deal/agreement and have the chance to be a bridge between banking team and back office for one of the top 5 Canadian banks.
Typical Day in Role:
• Gather, analyse, and communicate financial information
• Assist in onboarding deals onto the system and ensure the agreements and authorizations are in place to do so
• Assist with data updates required in the Lending System (ACBS and/or LoanIQ) migration project
• Conduct, resolve/reconcile cash breaks
• Support additional reconciliation and investigation activities during the transitioning to the new system.
• Partner with front office to onboard the deals
• Read agreements and understand terms – margins, limits, how accruals work and do calculations to put through in the system
• Build deals into system, collect and pay interest and fees – end to end analyst role
• Assemble spreadsheets to create invoicing
• Recognize and ensure all exceptions to policies and procedures are brought to the attention of management for resolution when required.
• Build effective relationships with key business partners (a main one being the banking team) by collaborating with process managers and subject matter experts to achieve desired objectives.
• Assessed on accuracy and being able to pick up information quickly from a document
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of experience in corporate lending services
2) Proven experience with ACBS and/or Loan IQ
3) Cash-reconciliation experience
4) Proven experience reading and understanding loan documentation
5) Strong Excel skills
1) Bilingual in French and/or Spanish
2) Experience with BESS, and/or SWIFT payment systems
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Analytical and detail-oriented
• Motivated problem solver
• Strong communications skills
University undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business-related studies or equivalent preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round – 30-minute video interview
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP