Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 08/03/2021 to 01/31/2022 (6 month contract)
Business group: Group that manages all finance work (forecasting, budgeting, accruals etc.) for the technology group.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Work in a dynamic and collaborative team
Typical Day in the role:
– Responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information to stakeholders
– Complete data analysis, look at reasons behind the numbers (working in Excel)
– Update records and reports, understand reasons behind the variances, accruals
– Will be assigned different transits and will be responsible for communicating to the related teams if they have money in the budget, or you do have budget, please send the invoice
– Provide information for the transits that they have been assigned to
– Reporting (taking information from the systems and translating them into reports)
– Assemble spreadsheets and graphs to illustrate technical reports.
– Analyze financial information to produce forecast of business
Must have hard skills:
1. 5-7 years of financial and/or accounting experience
2. CPA (or in progress)
3. Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts (ie. accruals)
4. Strong MS Office skills (MS Excel and Word)
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Knowledge of/ experience with EGL, OBI (oracle business intelligence), Smartstream.
– Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills
– Excellent communication skills
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required