Typical Day in the role
– 70% maintenance, 30% standard reporting and maintaining relationships and communicating the project financial piece
– Downloading multiple reports from various platforms and combining them into Excel (supporting the centralization)
– Point of contact for financial questions/ needs (provide any required details and reporting figures to stakeholders i.e. how much do we expect to see coming in in forecast)
– Forecast, accruals updates and management between stakeholders
– Cost tracking and financial reporting metrics
– Invoice processing and maintenance
– Timesheet monitoring using Clarity, Fieldglass and JIRA/Confluence, how many timesheets will they be monitoring (managing 50-60 resources)
– Maintaining vendor relationships (approx. 30-40 vendors overall)
– Contract management and record keeping
– Other administrative tasks as required
– Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
– Working with Delivery Managers and Vendors to correctly collect and record accruals information
– Working with Delivery Managers to create and maintain project forecast
– Track project budgets and expenditures, monitor transaction controls and costs against budgets.
– Predict potential budget overruns and offer solutions.
– Review contracts, cost proposals and contract supplements.
Must have hard skills:
1) 1-3 years of experience with financial forecasting, accruals, reporting and managing project financials
2) 1-3 year of proven knowledge of accounting and or/ finance
3) 1-3 years of advanced Excel experience: working with large volumes of data, index match, Vlookup, complex formulas, experience centralizing information into Excel
1. Knowledge of project management and timesheet management tools such as Clarity PPM, Fieldglass and JIRA/Confluence
2. Capital Markets knowledge (as the team is dealing with regulatory projects)- knowing general framework of how it works, why are regulations created in the first place (knowing related terminology will help them communicate with PMs and other stakeholders)
– Understanding of the nature of project financials and related challenges
– Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work independently and manage one time.
– Superior attention to detail
– Self-starter and willing to learn
– Strong ethics (dealing with sensitive information)
– Ability to work well on a team
– Analytical mindset and ability to articulate complex issues
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in related field, business, finance, economics, accounting, etc